Through Emily's Eyes

Hey... I'm Emily. And this is my blog...it's pretty cool I guess.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

An Update!

Currently listening to : Last Christmas - Hawk nelson

"Last Christmas I gave you my heart,
the very next day you gave it away.
This year to save me from tears,
I'll give it to someone special"

I don't really have much to report, I just realized that I was in dire need of an update. School is going okay, I guess. It's not the same that it used to be. But then again, it may just be me that's not the same as I used to be. So far, grade 11 is pretty much sucko. It's such a different world... and I think I'm still stuck in"Niaive world." This reminded me of a small "devotional" I guess you could say I wrote a few weeks ago:

"I had a crappy, crappy day at school today. Today I really had my eyes opened to how much the world is changing as we grow up. In kindergarten, you talk to someone for about 2 seconds and they are automatically your friend. As you get older, especially as Christians, you find it so much harder to fit in. The world is just... so different. I felt that today. From stories of everyone's weekend, to feeling excluded, today I didn't feel like I fit in anywhere. As I was walking home, this song came on, on my ipod. It gave me shivers. It's called "This Could be the Song that will Change your Heart" and it's by Kids in the Way.

There's a burning in my heart everyday
I come to you, I look to you and say
When will I become everything that you've intended me to be
I'm beating at my chest everyday
I run to you, I come to you and say
When will I become everything that you've intended me to be

I am so tired, I am so beaten
From walking down the road of shattered dreams
I am so lonely I am so broken
Won't you come, won't you rescue me
I am so tired, I am so tired, I am so tired, I am so tired
[I'll be the light inside of you and won't let go of you]
Come rescure me, won't you come, won't you come
I'm calling out your name

It's times like these that we need to realize that we are different. There is going to be those times when we feel left out, but we need to use these oppertunities to shine for Jesus. When you are already in the spotlight, why not take advantage of these situations and spread God's love? We ARE different, and we are going to act differently then the world around us. We need to not got sucked into the world around us, but keep on being that shining light. Continue to be the one that stands out and doesn't conform. We are put in these situations for a reason. and we need to utisize them to the greatest extent. Don't be ashamed to shine for Jesus!"

The world changes as we grow up, it's not something we can change, but it is something we can help.

Gilmore Girls is on tonight! And Veroncia Mars!

Lataz, Emily

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*hugs*! I hate sucky days.

November 14, 2006 7:49 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I love that song. "Last Christmas" lalala...you need to update more often girly! I love you anyways! nice background theme ;)

November 20, 2006 12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home