Through Emily's Eyes

Hey... I'm Emily. And this is my blog...it's pretty cool I guess.

Monday, February 19, 2007

Boo-urns to you titles!!

"As though the world were wearing black
And You were wearing white
You love for me shines through Your eyes
Like a brilliant fire
And it's clear to me
You're the only one I see"
Fallen for you - LaRue


Wow, a lot has happened in the past 2 weeks. Well for starters, I got a Job!! At the Bulk Barn. I have already had two shifts and my thrid one is tomorrow. Basically all I am doing now is cleaning, but after I am trained I get to work on cash (I believe). It's pretty darn exciting to have a job and be making moo-lah.

So I've kinda been really interested in writting (and drawing) recently.(Pomes, songs). One day I was bored in Co-Op and drew a picture of two flowers. One of them dead, and one perfectly healthy. This poem kinda came from that picture.

Withering Away
Two Flowers.
One is upright, standing strong and tall
The other-
bent and drooping.
One of them is withering away.

Two People.
One is similing and laughing.
The other-
similing and laughing.
One of them is withering away.

Two People, Two Flowers
Which ones are withering away?
It's not easy to see-
when people mask their suffering
and pretend it's all okay.


Something I have really notced recently, is that people like to mask their pain. As a flower slowly begins to die, we can see it. If we water it, it has the oppertunity to come back to life. However, when people hide their pain, we don't know when they need to be "watered". Keep your eyes open, because you never know when your flowers are withering away.

Later

Emily









2 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

Email is a POET! YEAH!

You inspire me to pst more of my poetry, it was brilliant.

Congrats on the job!

Mike

February 21, 2007 8:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the poem. Love the insight. Love the observations.

March 04, 2007 10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home